These terms and conditions (“the Terms”) govern your involvement in Micro-Tyco (“the Challenge”), please read them carefully. By entering the Challenge you accept these Terms and agree to abide by them.
All references to “you” or “your” refers to the team members named on the online Micro-Tyco registration form.
“WildHearts” shall mean WildHearts Events Ltd, a company with its office at 54 Cook Street, Glasgow G5 8JN, registered company number SC460773.
All references to “we”, “us” and “our” shall refer to WildHearts Events.
1. Your entry or participation in the Challenge is at your own risk and your health and safety is your own responsibility.
2. All monies raised during the Challenge Period should be collected in and sent to WildHearts within 10 days of the Challenge finishing by:
– Cheque made payable to WildHearts Foundation Ltd and sent to WildHearts, Wilson Business Centre, 54 Cook Street, Glasgow G5 8JN, or
– BACS transfers/online payments to WildHearts Foundation Ltd, Sort Code 83-17-10, Account Number 10995006, putting your team name as reference.
3. Under no circumstances can money raised through the Challenge be retained by teams for any purpose.
4. Whilst fundraising, you must make it clear at all times to third parties that: (i) you are participating in the Challenge, and (ii) you are not our representatives or employees or otherwise authorised to act for or on behalf of us.
5. During the Challenge you must not raise any monies in any way that is illegal, unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect or in any way that breaches any laws and/or regulations. In addition, you must not do anything which may harm our reputation, or do anything which may bring us into disrepute or do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
6. You may upload photos and videos to http://micro-tyco.com/ (“Uploaded Material”) to log your Micro-Tyco activities. You will not transmit, send or upload any material which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, inappropriate, discriminatory, pornographic or otherwise objectionable, inaccurate, hateful, threatening or incites violence or contains nudity or gratuitous violence to http://micro-tyco.com/
7. We reserve the right (without accepting any liability or giving you any compensation) to disqualify you from the Challenge if (in our opinion, which shall be final):
(i) you are in breach of/do not comply with these Terms;
(ii) your conduct is inappropriate or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Terms or of the Challenge;
(iii) you have committed or undertaken any fraud, dishonesty, deceit, misconduct or similar action including providing any false or incorrect information;
(iv) your act(s) or omission(s) might have an adverse effect on the Challenge or on us; or
(v) it is in our best interests to do so.
8. By entering the Challenge you grant a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to us to use, reproduce, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sub-licence and publish your Uploaded Material (as defined in Clause 6 above) and any other information submitted by you in relation to the Challenge (“Your Intellectual Property”).
9. You must own, or have permission to use Your Intellectual Property. We accept no liability whatsoever in respect of our use of Your Intellectual Property which breaches any third party intellectual property rights.
10. We shall use Your Intellectual Property to enable us to administer the Challenge, for example: promoting and advertising the Challenge (including use of information in printed and online publications, editorial and PR activities, on internal and external communications). You agree that we will not obtain your approval prior to such uses.
11. By submitting your details, you are indicating your consent to us processing your personal data, and any other personal data you submit, in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
12. By submitting your email address you agree to receiving emails from us about Micro-Tyco, including information, updates and reminders, during the Challenge.
13. You also agree to receive emails from us after the Challenge ends – updating you with information about how the WildHearts Foundation has invested the money you generate in Micro-Tyco – and other news, updates and marketing messages from the WildHearts Group. You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from us at any time. We will not pass on your data to any third party.
14. These Terms shall not grant any rights in or affect the ownership of WildHearts of any of its intellectual property rights including but not limited to WildHearts name, logo and trademark (“WildHearts Name & Logo”) and the Micro-Tyco name, logo and trademark (“Micro-Tyco Name & Logo”).
15. Subject to these Terms, during the Challenge Period you are entitled to use the WildHearts Name & Logo and Micro-Tyco Name & Logo solely: (i) to state to third parties that you are taking party in the Challenge, and (ii) to state your involvement in the Challenge in any online social networking or other social media site, including but not limited to Twitter and/or Facebook (“Social Media”) provided that you ensure that no commentary is defamatory, disparaging of or derogatory to us.
16. Save as expressly provided in clause 15, you are not entitled to use the WildHearts Name & Logo and Micro-Tyco Name & Logo without prior consent in each case and then only in accordance with the directions notified.
17. We reserve the right to prohibit use of any of our intellectual property at any time upon notice and you agree immediately to cease use of such intellectual property and comply with any other reasonable obligations we require. You may be disqualified from the Challenge if you do not comply.
18. To the maximum extent permitted by law, WildHearts exclude all liability to you and/or any third party and shall not be liable to you and/or any third party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential: (i) losses, (ii) liabilities, (iii) damages, and/or costs, fines, claims or expenses suffered by you and/or any third party arising out of or in connection with the Challenge, whether in contract, tort, statute or otherwise.
19. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for fraud, or for any other liability that may not be excluded or limited by law.
20. To the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
21. We shall be entitled to terminate your involvement in the Challenge or the Challenge at any time at our absolute discretion without liability to you or any third party.
22. In the event of termination you agree to immediately cease all use of our intellectual property and comply with any other reasonable obligations we require.
23. Our rights under these Terms: (a) may be exercised as often as necessary; (b) are cumulative and not exclusive of rights and remedies provided by law; and (c) may be waived only in writing. Any delay in the exercise or non-exercise of any such right is not a waiver of that right.
24. Subject to our prior approval in each case and these Terms, you may take part in any marketing or promotional activity or make any press announcements including on Social Media relating to the Challenge.
25. We reserve the right to amend these Terms without notice at any time and any such variations shall be notified to you.
26. The Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. The Courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
27. If you have any questions about these Terms, please email email@example.com